Position: Filing and Digitization Specialist
Location: Arcola, Texas
Full Time Position
Job Summary: As a Filing and Digitization Specialist at Colony Ridge, you will play a crucial role in maintaining accurate and accessible records by efficiently organizing, filing, and digitizing a wide range of documents. Your meticulous attention to detail and commitment to maintaining a well-organized filing system will contribute to the overall success of our operations. This role offers an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment where your efforts will directly impact the efficiency of our processes.
- Organize, sort, and file a variety of documents including contracts, correspondence, financial records, and other essential paperwork.
- Maintain and manage physical filing systems, ensuring documents are appropriately categorized and easily retrievable.
- Digitize paper documents using scanning equipment and accurately input digital records into electronic databases.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure consistent naming conventions and standardized document organization.
- Regularly perform quality checks to ensure the accuracy and completeness of digitized and physical files.
- Stay up to date on document storage and retention policies in compliance with company standards and regulatory requirements.
- Assist colleagues in locating and retrieving requested documents in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot minor technical issues with scanning equipment and escalate more complex issues to the appropriate department.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and exercise discretion when handling confidential documents.
- Participate in meetings and provide input to improve filing and digitization processes.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proven experience in document management, filing, or digitization roles is preferred.
- Familiarity with scanning equipment and basic knowledge of document imaging software is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to accurately categorize and store documents.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and basic computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot minor technical issues related to scanning equipment.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new technologies and processes.
- Physical ability to lift and move boxes of documents between rooms as needed.